Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Low Rpms

I have a 2014 135 HO E-Tec on my 2014 Hurricane 187. I did some reading and saw that the normal rpm range is in the mid 5000s at WOT. My boat currently barely reaches 5000 rpms. The boat has a factory aluminum 14.8 X 17 prop. Any ideas to get the rpms up and get a few more mph out of it?
Admiral

Re: Low Rpms

[ Edited ]

You have to determine or have a trained tech determine first that the boat and motor are setup and rigged correctly, the motor is not mounted too low, that your tachometer reads accurately, and that the motor is performing as it should before switching props.

What rpm are you getting exactly at full throttle and how fast is boat traveling?

What holes are the upper transom bolts in on the motor?

How long ago was the required 300hr/3 year service been performed?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I’ll have to get back to you on the motor hole location tomorrow but the boat does 39ish at 4900-5000rpms at WOT. The service was just done by a platinum dealer here locally.
Mate

6AD1D9CC-46CB-4301-9D1F-7429ACA30C99.jpegI think the motor is installed at a good height, I included pics!!CC108824-2DDE-4BAC-91EE-F50A13BDC00C.jpeg

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Anti-ventilation plate shown at correct transom mounting height.png

this is the proper transom mounting height with the anti-ventilation plate on top of the water's surface

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.