Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Need to up grade gauges

I have a 2017 ranger 198p with a G1 E-tec 150 that has the tac with the four lights. I want to add a water pressure and a trim gauge. Do I need to up grade to the Icon gauges or can I just add a trim and a water pressure gauge to the set up I have?

Admiral

Re: Need to up grade gauges

Just add the trim and the water pressure gauges in the same style as your tach 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thanks, I didn't know that ws an option. What will I have to buy to support installation of the water pressure and trim gauges besides the gauges themselves.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

buy the water pressure kit, not just the individual gauge. Trim gauge does not need a kit. See your dealer or more information, pricing, and installation.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.