Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: 2007 150 e-tec fule injectors

[ Edited ]

It is unlikely that the injectors are faulty, my guess is they had internal corrosion and/or stale fuel deposits restricting the flow.

With an engine that is about 11 years old but only has about 110 hours. it must have sat unused for long periods of time. That equates to only 10 hours of use per year.  Stale fuel deposits and possible corrosion probably built up in the lower injectors over time - moisture sinks to the lowest point both in the gas tank and in the engine's fuel system. That is normally why you hear of the bottom 2 cylinders having problems on engines with very little usage.

If you had a different brand of motor and the fuel system was fouled by stale gasoline or moisture, the other company would not give any consideration at all to an 11 year old motor. 

You may want to contact Evinrude and plead your case, though. Include the serial number with your email. 

http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Re: 2007 150 e-tec fuel injectors

[ Edited ]

Bluewater Bill thanks for the reply. I brought it to a second BRP dealer and did plead my case. BRP is working with the dealership to send me a NEW block and starter (which also broke a gear during this fiasco). I’m impressed they even are willing to aid a second owner on a 11 year old outboard. They may have brought me to the dark side. Joking aside, I’m two weeks out on this repair project and they are replacing fuel, fuel lines, filters, sending injectors off for recertification, lower unit oil, water pump, install block and starter and hopefully I’ll be back in business. $6500 is my bill all inclusive. Hope it works. If it does, I’m a believer in BRP.

Mate

[ Edited ]

Update: 6/19/18 finally fished out of the boat after 3 idle months.
Motor runs great.
Total bill was approx. $6,600 and this included replace block with new one from BRP, replace starter, replace fuel lines, fuel filters, inspect water pump/lower unit fluid, new spark plugs, fuel injectors sent off for cleaning and recertification. Dealer says reed block was damaged and BRP replaced this also. All gas was removed from boat and replaced with non-ethanol fuel.
This is an 11 year old motor so I'm impressed that BRP helped me out. Did not go above 4300 RPM on my first day out due to not wanting to push the motor right out of the box. Hope it continues running for a long time. I wanted to report this as there are a lot of negative comments on this board and I'm satisfied with the outcome even though it cost me $6,600 extra. I feel this is a risk anyone takes when purchasing a used boat.

Admiral

Glad to hear that Evinrude stood up for you and that the motor is doing well now.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

My 200 2007 Etech injector shorted out with less than 225 hours on it and it not only cost me for the injector, but an additional $1200 to have the computer replaced where the shorted injector fried the computer, Close to $1900 to get me back running.

LL

Highlighted
Admiral

Did you get in touch with Evinrude After Sales to discuss this situation with them or did your dealer contact Evinrude's tech support group and plead your case for some type of assistance ?

Mate

I have a 2007 115 with a blocked injector iv sent it away to be cleaned and was told they are stuffed and had water run through them, what are my options to replace them now that the injectors are not made anymore?

Admiral

What is the model number of your Evinrude E-TEC 115 HP?

Mate

E115dpxsuc

Admiral

Both the starboard and port side injectors are available from Evinrude. Water can destroy any outboard company's injectors or electric fuel pumps due to the highly precision parts needed for manufacturing them.

Have your boat's fuel system completely cleaned and flushed out to get rid of the water contaminated fuel. Be sure to have a fuel-water separator spin-on filter installed in the boat and have a trained technician flush out your engine's fuel system and check the electric fuel pump pressure and operation.