Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2011.evinrude e-tect 115 stalling at less than 2000 rpm

I have 2011 e-tech on 25ft. pontoon. It runs great except if I run at less than 2000 rpm for 10-15 minutes, then it stalls. Ipump bulb it starts and if i run at 3000 

=

I have 2011 e-tect on 25 ft. pontoon. It runs great, except if I run at 2000 rpms or less. It will stall after 10-15 minutes. I pump the bulb and it runs again. The dealer has replaced the fuel line and bulb, but it does the same thing. The dealer thinks it may be the take up fuel pump at $700 or more, with no way to test other than ok installing the fuel pump. Is there any possible other solution? or any way to test to see if a new pump is needed without just installing the pump? Also the primer bulb is never hard, it's just half way firm,but never flat. Should the bulb be hard, the dealer says newer motors bulb don't pump up to hard as older motors did. Is that normal with primer bulbs now?

=

Admiral

Re: 2011.evinrude e-tect 115 stalling at less than 2000 rpm

Your dealer tech should know how to connect a pressure gauge to the high pressure pump and lift pump while a vacuum gauge and a piece of clear fuel line is temporarily connected to the lift pump inlet fitting. Running the boat at all rpms and recording the readings will narrow down if it is  a fuel problem. Monitoring and using the flight recorder function with a laptop will show if there are any other anomalies in the engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: 2011.evinrude e-tect 115 stalling at less than 2000 rpm

Is this still an issue? What type of batteries are you running?