Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Bravo to The Outboard Shop!

While in the Abaco Islands last week our Starboard motor gave us an electrical warning then later in the day the engine quit and would not restart. After seveal attempts to fire the engine we got a fuel pump warning. At this time we made our way back to the house, running our Mako 261 at 26mph on the Port 200 G2. That was awesome.

It was on the weekend so no luck with any service. On Monday the local Evinrude dealer, The Outboard Shop in Marsh Harbour was able to haul us in the afternoon. He tested and verified the fuel pump was good, Jason then had his techs start doing diag on the motor. On Tuesday about lunch he found the lugs on the blue capacitor were loose and was able to get a full turn and a quater on each lug. Motor fired right up.

We are happy that there were no part failures only 2 loose terminals.

When he called us back to tell us the boat was ready for pick up it had been washed! If you are in the Bahamas in the Abacos and need service, go see Jason! I asked how much and he told me BRP would take care of the labor.

Thank You Outboard Shop!

Admiral

Re: Bravo to The Outboard Shop!

[ Edited ]

We are always pleased to hear from our customers who point out great dealers.  Thank you for taking time to write to us about your situation and the resolution.

Many years ago I was also helped out by the Outboard Shop when hydraulic steering failed on an older boat and the shop owner took time out of his busy day to repair the blown seals right away and redo the steering for us to get on our way again to get back to the States. I have never fortotten that great service and pleased that the company is still in business and keeping customers happy.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.