Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Cabelas/basspro merge screwing evinrude owners

I’m sure some of you already run across it but starting the first of the year Cabelas will no longer be in Evinrude dealer. What that means for us landlocked guys in Kansas is we have lost our dealer. I know what I was looking for boats I wanted something close in case I needed any warranty work done. Now it looks like I’m gonna have to triple or quadruple my mileage to get my motor serviced. I think it’s time to make a stand against bass pro and let them know that their consumers are not going to put up with their crap. If you haven’t been in the Cabellas lately every motor on the back of every boat is black.
Admiral

Re: Cabelas/basspro merge screwing evinrude owners

Hope this helps. Bass Pro's purchase of Cabela's changed the landscape in many areas.

https://www.evinrude.com/content/evinrude/en_US/find-a-dealer.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thank you. It helped me find a dealer but it doesn’t help my attitude. Thanks for the quick response. Another reason I’m a proud evinrude owner.
Skipper

I just got off the phone with Cabellas in KC. They will support until the end of the year. They claim BassPro didnt pull the BRP account but rather BRP did. Here in Kansas we have very little evinrude support due to the OMC bankruptcy. Many marine dealers were left holding the bag supporting warranties and they still want nothing to do with Evinrude.

Highlighted
Admiral

Bass Pro Shops who bought out Cabela's recently is aligned with Mercury Outboards. That is why there will be no more  Cabela Evinrude dealerships.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.