Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Community Manager

Evinrude E-TEC Fuel Efficiency

If you have any questions, stories, or comments on the fuel efficiency of Evinrude E-TEC, share them here!

Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine.

Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.
Highlighted
Mate

Re: Evinrude E-TEC Fuel Efficiency

Oh yes, get got me here I have a 1999 Johnson 175 that came on my Stratos 283 that I bought in March 2005 after one year of using the boat to fish, I was out fishing with my 9 year old granddaughter when the motor blew up, took me some time to find someone local builder here where he rebuilt my motor in 2008 and after he rebuild it the boat broke the streering cables, so here the boat sits again for 7 months till I Got the money saved up to get it fixed, so back in the spring time of 2011 I was out in my boat fishing and after a day of some good fishing on my way back to the dock and about 2 mile from the dock the motor blew up again,,,,,Sir's, My problem is I am now Disable and have to live on a fixed income and can not aford to fix it again,,,,, Can some one help me out here ?

Thomas

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Evinrude E-TEC Fuel Efficiency

[ Edited ]

Water Rat,

We are sorry to hear of your predicament and situation.

Because your engine problem returned after such a short time, it appears that either the local builder did not do a good repair job, or that the builder did not find and correct the root cause of the initial engine failure. There could be other factors involved such as the amount of time the motor sat unused if it was not properly prepared for long term storage.

Talk to your local builder and see if you and he can work out something mutually agreeable to get you back on the water again.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.