Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Re: Evinrude not manufacturing outboard motors

Merc taking over the E-tec? Why? Based on what? 

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

https://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/mercury-marine-enters-into-supply-agreement-with-brp

"BRP will continue to supply customers and its dealer network service parts and will honour its manufacturer limited warranties, plus offer select programs to manage inventory. These decisions will impact 650 employees globally."

Not sure what this last statement means... just bought a 2020 Etec G2 150HO.... with seven year limited warranty.  Hopefully this means that dealer who services the motor will be able to get parts....

Highlighted
Captain

I am so pi--ed at BRP .Now I have a worthless engine on my boat as does everyone who bought one and we all know the dealerships will phase out repairing them as they will move on to another brand.So sad for all the great employees who built these engines that have lost their jobs.

Highlighted
Captain

That’s great that they will honor warranty repairs. I have a problem though.......
How far will I have to travel to get it repaired? How long will I have to wait for the parts and repair? You know “customer service” is driven by future sales. With that gone, customer service is gonna suck! Worst of all, my two Evinrudes are worthless now. I’ve lost the ability to sell or trade my boats without taking it in the a##. Hey BRP.......I WILL NEVER BUY YOUR PRODUCTS AGAIN! Profit mongering pricks!
Highlighted
Captain

customer service already sucked. with this little gift from brp warranty work should really be exciting. $25,000.00 paperweight with effed up steering. FICHT all over again. brp thanks a **bleep**load for abandoning your customers. i hope your ghost product withers and dies on the vine. i would not buy a damned thing from your orginization again. 

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Seems it all comes back to how good of a 'local service center' you have in your area.  I luckily live in an area now where two Rude service centers are within an hour of me and both tell me they are running business as usual.  They still have their Canams, their Ski-doos, etc and will pick up or promote Tohatsu's more.

Anyway, it sucks how BRP rolled this out.  It's all about money, always is.  Personally I won't touch a BRP product in the future when looking at new toys.

Anyway, life goes on.  Get out and enjoy your Rudes, still the coolest outboards on (off) the market.  Maybe some forward thinking company will buy the Evinrude rights and improve upon a great idea?  You never know...

Highlighted
Mate

No one is taking over Evinrude. BRP partenered withMerc for their packaged boat lines.

Highlighted
Mate

Merc not taking on Evinrude. BRP has partnered with Merc for their packaged boats.

Highlighted
Skipper

BRP, never again. Shocking people.
Highlighted
Skipper

It is shocking. I hope all their plans go wrong soon and feel deserted like they have done to us.