Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Re: G2 Launch

I can't wait to order my new rig and add a custom color evinrude G2!
Highlighted
Skipper

Hi guys, I am new here. My reasoning for joining is I am getting ready to order a new Tritoon(Manitou). The motor is about 1/3 of the price. I am a complete novice when it comes to motors. There are lots of choices but this G2 really intrigues me. I almost ordered my boat a month ago and I accidentally seen this new motor. I have since held off waiting until this is available(hopefully the right choice). Problem with ordering is the dealers are telling me they can't even get pricing yet. I just really hope the advertising is true and I will be spending my time on the water and not in the shop for a long time to come. I know great customer service is important but I don't want to have to spend my time dealing with headaches. Our boating season in Michigan is short and I want to spend it on the water. I have my fingers crossed, no regrets(hopefully). Especially since I have basically held off with my new boat purchase waiting on this motor.

Highlighted
Admiral

Your Evinrude dealer has prices on the new G2 series and should be able to give you a quote. Availability of the motors will not be until closer to late fall or so.

You can also find quotes from http://www.evinrude.com/en-us/get-a-quote

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Hi Bill, I was told as recently as two days ago by my Manitou pontoon dealer that they don't have pricing yet on the new G2 motors. Actually in the past week I have been to 3 Manitou dealers and all are telling me the same thing.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your dealer may have pricing on individual engines from Evinrude but it is very possible that Manitou does not have complete pre-rig boat and engine packages priced for the dealers yet at this point in time. Please be patient as it will be several months before the G2 models will be available to the boat companies.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

600 ft lbs of torque, come on !!  what u been smokin ?

Highlighted
Admiral

The 600 ft. lb reading is a true fact as it is measured at the propshaft after going through the gearbox. The Yamaha  SHO was second with just over 500 ft. lbs.Everything was tested and calibrated by the marine industry standards used by all outboard manufacturers.

You can find out more information on the G2'splus graphs and charts on the Evinrude website and at etecownersgroiup.com

Highlighted
Captain

Have you even used a boat powered by a G2> If not try and get yourself a ride in one and then you will feel the grunt for yourself and you will then believe this thing could easily produce this sort of torque.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

I have personally test driven several Manitou's with the new new G2's.  I was at the 2015 Pontoon & Deck Boat Magizine Shootout a couple weeks ago on Tablerock Lake.  Let me tell you something,,,,, you owe it to yourself to get that G2!!!!!!  The G2 is not going to cost any more than any other engine of comparable HP for 2015. I've been an avid boater all of my 39 years.  I have owned bass boats, runabouts, fishing rigs and now a pontoon.  The G2's are the single most impressive outboards I have ever driven.  I drove 3 Manitou's, 1 with a 250 HO G2, 1 with a 300G2 and 1 with a 150 HO G1.  The G2's produce crazy power.  They are smooth as silk.  They also look OUTSTANDING when color matched to your boat.  What Manitou are you considering?  At the event I was at they had timed barrel races with many different outboard classes.  Evinrude powered Manitou's won every single event they were entered into. 

If you drive a pontoon powered by a Verado 250, a Yamaha 250 SHO and an E-Tec G2 250 HO you will swear they are not equal horsepower.  The G2 just feels like a whole other level of performance.

Just a quick note about Manitou.  That company is filled with outstanding folks that take pride in what they design and build.  I got to spend a couple of days with several folks from their team and they were the most open and genuine I have met.  The fit and finish of their boats is outstanding.  They build top flight watercraft. 

Good Luck!

RudeRam

Highlighted
Mate

WHAT IS THE TORQUE ON A 2012 E-TEC 300?