Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

1976 Evinrude 35 Hp no pee hole?

I just bought a 1976 Evinrude 35 Hp, model 35652G, and water sprays out the 2 exhaust ports at the back but it doesn't seem to have a dedicated telltale (pee hole).  Is this the case for this engine or am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice,

Wayne

Admiral

Re: 1976 Evinrude 35 Hp no pee hole?

The parts listing mentions that not every one that year had an overflow indicator. Look at the lower part of the exhaust cover on the port side for a plastic elbow and a hose or a 1/8-NPT pipe plug fitting.  You may have one of the earlier production models that did not have that feature. You could always replace the exhaust cover if you really wanted an indicator.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thanks.  It must not have an overflow indicator.  I don't see any thing.

20180626_154752.jpg

Admiral

Look at the exhaust cover on the port side

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Still nothing...

port-side.jpg

Admiral

If your engine had one, the overboard fitting would be located in the area behind the positive battery cable on the exhaust water cover 

Skipper

[ Edited ]

So, I found this on the starboard side which connect to a tube that reconnects to the engine at the center/front and near the bottom (can't get a picture of that).

exhaust-star-side.png

Skipper

[ Edited ]

I edited my previous post.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Nope, not it.

Re-read my earlier posts where I explained it would be IF your engine was equipped with an overboard water tell-tale 

Skipper

Thanks @BluewaterBill