Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

2000 225 ficht fuel pump screamimg

Guys not sure what would cause this any thoughts?

lt sounds like it's coming from the fuel filter?

can they be rebuilt? If I pump the ball it goes away until I rev it and slow it down a few time then shut it off and it screams for a few minute?

Highlighted
Captain

Re: 2000 225 ficht fuel pump screamimg

How's the engine running otherwise? I'm not an expert but if pumping the ball makes the noise stop it would seem like it's struggling to pump and that would have me expecting the engine to be running very lean. Regardless, a screaming fuel pump isn't good. The one on my engine does not look like it would have rebuild kits readily available. At some mine was replaced, I've attached a pictue of the tag on it. I do not know if the pump is still available

IMG_5120.JPG

Highlighted
Mate

I have been looking for a replacement and found this part number but it too has been discontinued?

so I am still looking for a replacement?

the motor runs good. Thanks for the response? 

Highlighted
Captain

I saw on a forum someplace that someone somehow adapted an etec pump to work. I just googled that for grins and stuff came up. I saw one post that I didn't read about rebuilding the pump with airtex parts. I bought a used oil pump on ebay for my boat and it worked out fine. There are also plenty of other outboard "junk yards" where you can probably find a pump.  I responded to a different add this guy had posted and he sounded like he has a lot of used parts. He always has a couple of posts on Craig's List going too.