Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper
Accepted Solution

2004 EVINRUDE 150 hp direct injection trim problem

Model : E150FPXSRS 

THE TRIM WILL GO DOWN EVERYTIME. THE TRIM WILL ONLY GO UP ON OCCASION. I took the pdp panel off and opened it up to look for bad soldering or issues in the board. Everything look good and clean. Does anyone have any other idea of what the problem could be? I can order a used pdp panel for this model for 250.00. Instead of spending 700 on a new one. Also Can something explain how or if I can jump the trim motor directly from the 12v battery? And suggestion would be so m7ch appreciated.Thanks for reading!

Respectfully,

Tekin

Admiral

Re: 2004 EVINRUDE 150 hp direct injection trim problem

There is a blue with white stripe wire that runs to the trim limit switch on the tilt tube. remove the port sidecover for access to the connections. If the wire is pinched, has corroded connections, or an intermittent switch, you will get the same symptoms.  You may need a service manual to trace and troubleshoot the electrical system.

For testing purposes, you can use jumper wires to test the trim motor using the heavy blue and green wires that go to the trim motor.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thank you blue water Bill very much!!! I will try today once I have time.

Skipper

I fix the problem with your help thank you so much! The button on the trim switch was caked up with grease and would not come all the way up. I clean it real good it's now working great. 

Highlighted
Admiral

Glad to hear it.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.