Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

25 HP Etec Safe Mode stalls

Our nearly new 25 HP ETEC is acting weird at times. 

Example yesterday just putting along at 1000 rpms for about maybe 3/4 to a mile throttle up in safe mode without warning, stalled, restart and worked fine.

Appears after cruising slow, less then 2000 rpms, it will go I to safe mode.

Not enough water flow and getting hot?

One thing others may have, my fuel tank vent may not vent properly and this causes the some fuel starvation. My tank sucked in the first time it happened.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 25 HP Etec Safe Mode stalls

[ Edited ]

There are some differences in the motors over the years, what is the model number of yours so I can give you correct information?

Have you looked at the diagnostic lights when the motor stalls? They are explained in the operator's guide that you received.

The fuel vent is definitey a concern. Has it happened any other time or have you tried a different gas tank?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Looks like code 43 overheat above 3500rpm, all gaz tank evinrude for 25 seem not vent but the are working, and if that was that, the motor will just stop, not going in safe mode
Highlighted
Captain

With that code the water pump, thermostat and pressure relief valve should be checked and may be covered under warranty.