Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

40hp model ID

I've just aquired a 13 ft Boston Whaler with what I was told is a 1990 40hp Evinrude.   The model/SN tag is missing.  I've attached pictures.   The stamped aluminum badge says G2554358.  I'm in a state that requires registration of both the motor and the hull and comes from a state that doesn't title either...could get interesting.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4082.jpgIMG_4084.jpgIMG_4085.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

Re: 40hp model ID

The photos indicate that it could be a 1990 model.
The older serial numbers are archived and not in the online system so it will take a few days to trace that down if needed.
Highlighted
Skipper

Yes.  Having confirmation that the model associated with the SN matches the characteristics of the motor would be helpful when I apply for the oklahoma title.

Highlighted
Skipper

Any luck with my serial number?

Highlighted
Admiral

It will be next week sometime as was mentioned it has to be researched in the archives if at all possible and that is time consuming and only when someone is available. We will do what we can though and let you know.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks very much for your help.
Highlighted
Admiral

still waiting for an answer. I have not forgotten you.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

G2554358 = E40TLES manufactured 4-28-1990

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks so much.  This is great news.