Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

45 Commercial Tiller - Electric Start Push Button Kit

I have an electric starter that works well on this motor, but there is no proper electric start push butting on it. I think someone added it after the fact.

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for momentary switch and push button kit so I can install the proper tiller steer style electric start push button for these 737cc engines? I understand there is a push button kit and a momentary switch - I’m just having a hard time figururing out exactly what to order. Right now I’m using a random switch which affords me no neutral safety.

I think the push button kit fits on the shifter and can only push through to the actual momentary style switch when tiller style shift lever is in neutral. Otherwise mechanically the push button kit can’t make contact with the momentary switch which is the control signal to the starter relay / selenoid.

Any help on part numbers appreciated.
Captain

Re: 45 Commercial Tiller - Electric Start Push Button Kit

Additionally if there is a one part number kit for the neutral safety switch up to the top of the manual start recoil mechanism that would help too since I’ll need to install that hardware onto the recoil assembly as well.

I beleive a cable goes from the shift linkage up to the recoil on top and has a little rocker that inhibits the recoil from being able to move when anywhere but in neutral.
Captain

Re: 45 Commercial Tiller - Electric Start Push Button Kit

“Bump”