Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Alarm gets Overheat

I have a 2011 300 hp Etec. At slow speed I am getting an overheat alarm which is putting motor in safe mode as it should. my temp gauge is reading at or less than 100 degs. After shutting down and restarting the computer resets and allows full throttle for a short time than goes back into alarm. after a cool down and restart, the motor will come to planing speed with no overheat alarms at all. Also, the engine has been serviced less than a hundred hours ago. can anyone help ? Thanks
Admiral

Re: Alarm gets Overheat

At idle and slow speeds your engine temperature should be above 100°. With hearing an overheat alarm your motor may have more than one issue.

It would be best to have an Evinrude technician run a diagnostic report to see where and when and how many times the overheat occurred, but also why the motor is not warming up properly. A water pressure test would also be advisable.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.