Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
Accepted Solution

E-TEC Gauge install on tiller 40 hp

Hi , I have a 2016 40 hp tiller and need to install a rpm / warning gauge . No dealers near by so have to to it myself . would anyone know the item number for the cable that run's from the tiller arm ? Also need to be sure the connection supports rpm-with warning light gauge. I need 6 feet of cable . Any help would be apreciated .thanks

Gauge-Tech Series Tachometer System Check 3"

Mate

Re: E-TEC Gauge install on tiller 40 hp

Captain

Best I can tell is the only factory solution is to use a 10ft MWS harness to connect a remote tach and key switch.
I have used parts from an MWS harness to custom build a "tach only" harness.
I'll check with some other techs to see if there are other solutions.
Mate

Ok thanks
Admiral

@Reggie wrote:

Hi , I have a 2016 40 hp tiller and need to install a rpm / warning gauge . No dealers near by so have to to it myself . would anyone know the item number for the cable that run's from the tiller arm ? Also need to be sure the connection supports rpm-with warning light gauge. I need 6 feet of cable . Any help would be apreciated .thanks

Gauge-Tech Series Tachometer System Check 3"

Evinrude offers a tiller-specific MWS harness, #586853. for adding a tachometer to tiller equipped E-TEC engines

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thanks Captain
Captain

The #586853 kit includes an ignition switch and warning horn. The harness part of this kit can be ordered separately under #586843.