Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

E-tec 30 hp safe mode

My brand new 2020 e-tec 30 hp manual start will once in a while go into safe mode.

No  red leds. Electronics-module not hot at all. Oil is full to the top. water ifrom the pilot-outlet is splashing out normally.  Any clues as to what is the problem ?

regards

Snofte 

Highlighted
Captain

Re: E-tec 30 hp safe mode

Make sure throttle is at dead idle at start-up.

Highlighted
Mate

Thanks for suggestion, but I am dead sure that motor was started at dead idle in these cases.

Wll send to service agent, but have read on the forum than error codes are not always shown via

diagnistics. If so, I am probalby in deep trouble, Or what ?

Highlighted
Captain

If possible, please post an engine report.

Highlighted
Captain

If an ETEC engine goes into S.A.F.E. mode it will set a diagnostic code and limit engine speed to 1200 rpm. If the fuel pump runs slower after 15 minutes of running and drops fuel pressure the engine will have a loss of power and not set any error codes. The cooling circuit for the EMM and the engine are two separate circuits. The cylinder head can overheat without the EMM getting hot but it should turn on an led and set a code.
When your engine "goes into safe mode" what does it take to make it run again?
Highlighted
Mate

Thanks for info.  When the engine "goes into safe mode",  I could stop and restart without any problems and engine

then runs at full speed.  Once however,  it was just neccessary to let it run at idle for some minutes, then give full

throttle, and it was running fine again (meaning stop/restert was not neccessary).