Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: EMM Failures - Why??

Will do Rick. I certainly hope this is the case.
Captain

So the motor in question has been checked out by an evinrude mechanic. This bloke has been an evinrude mechanic since Noah built the arc and according to the dealership manager , he knows his stuff. All checks came back good and his only explanation is that it's a computer and sometimes they fail. BRP have agreed to honour the new parts warranty and supply a new emm. Can't complain about that. So let's hope this will be the end of it. I have read stories of etecs being used commercially and being abused to no end and being reported to very reliable. Maybe I should try that.
Highlighted
Captain

Martin, Evinrude not only has the longest warranty in the industry but I can say from a dealer point of view that they also have the best coverage. I have never seen the warranty department try to use loopholes or blame the customer to get out of a warranty claim.
Idon't abuse my personal Etec engines but I do run it a lot. I sold my 2011 75 hp at 1500 trouble free hours and the new owner had put another 500 hours on it. The 90 hp that I bought to replace it has 600 hours.