Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: EMM Failures - Why??

I have an etec 130 hp and the emm failed after just 275 working hours
I am very surprised what i have found after opening the ecu.
i am sure it is a quality issue. i have contacted brb in malta europe but still no reply after 2 weeks.

I am sure this is not a miss use of item and add to this i have also proof that my emm was not even quality controlled before sending motor to end user

regards

sean
Highlighted
Mate

Just had a EMM failure on my 150 2007. Not impressed to say the least. Engine ran for 3 seconds and shut down. Luckilly I was tied up at the dock! Light 4 comes on but all other lights on emm dead. The dealer plugged diagnostics which failed to connect. Bummer. Minimum of 3200 NZD to get her back on the water.
Highlighted
Skipper

I have recently COMPLETELY overhauled the entire electrical system on my 2000 225 Ficht, the immediate predecessor of the ETEC with a very similar EMM/PDP fuse block/relay component system. There are three i-harness diodes to ensure polarity during EMM switching, mostly of ground circuitry. The PDP has a number of on-board diodes for current flow control, and one MOV (varistor) to control voltage spikes and surges.Due to the dual voltage production of the Stator, these components are even more essential. In my case after being advised to replace the EMM, I discovered a hairline crack in the PDP PCB conductive compound which probably caused all of the "three light salute" lockouts issues. I posted photos and additional details on this blog-site, check it out. Long story short, the electronics are easily compromised by overheating, poor maintenance and rough conditions, and if the if a diode fails, it causes a sequence of somewhat catastrophic failures. Most techs and owners have not the skill level to diagnose or repair these types of failures. The diodes should be replaced on routine basis as they are in vulnerable spots frequently exposed to extreme heat and moisture which are both detrimental to these small electronics. Generics are readily available and can easily be substituted for the exorbitantly priced OMC/Evinrude parts. Add heat shrink tubing in multiple layers to properly insulate and add silicone sealant if you want for added protection.
Highlighted
Mate

Hi All 

I need to import a new or 2nd hand EMM . Does anyone know what the import or export codes/headings are for EMM's.

Model number E115DPLSCR

PART NUMBER 586984

SERIAL NUMBER1001863 

HOPING THAT CUSTOMS WONT CHARGE ME AN ARM AND A LEG BRINGING IT INTO SOUTH AFRICA. 

Thanks