Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Emm recovery

This is my first time ever joining a group I normally just read other people's post and fix my problem.
I have a 90 etec 2016. I started a emm recover and when I got to part coldtest I think it's called I could only match hp and never the suffix which make it to where I can't go to the next step.
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Emm recovery

[ Edited ]

Is your EV. Diag. original Evinrude. Which version diagnostic?

Did you store an EDF before starting recovery? Without the original EDF it's not possible to get past coldtest, unless you have an EDF from another similar 60hp EMM.

If you ever connected the EMM in the past, it automatically stores a File on your computer.

Highlighted
Captain

I don't recall ever needing to choose a suffix during the recovery process. As Nordmann suggested your version of EV5 could be from before your model was produced. I had to start over last week and run the recover process a second time on an engine last week but don't recall why I had to.
Highlighted
Mate

I bouht the software off line. It is ev 5
I have successfully changed injectors with this already. It is possible that I just don't know how to find the EDf. It gave me a selection of maybe 20 different ones. None of them matched when I clicked on them. I did do step 1 copying the files from the computer before I did anything. I am not sure what year the software is or where to do next.
Highlighted
Mate

Hey Mike did you get past the cold test and actually do the recovery? I am going to attempt a recovery before pulling the trigger on a new Emm. I am getting a code 77 for the SAC. I have checked all voltage etc. I even replaced the capacitor. It seems like it’s in shut down mode but when the code comes up it doesn’t do the shutdown symbol. I am getting the orange exclamation mark which says INT. SENSOR. Any help or input would be highly appreciated.
Highlighted
Captain

Latest version: 5.9.0.2.
Highlighted
Mate

I have not gotten anywhere.
Highlighted
Captain

Mike, seem to be a good chance your EV5 is'nt up to the task. Version number?

Frank, internal sensor is inside EMM. Not knowing HP or model makes it harder to answer. Doubt a recovery will fix an internal sensor.

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Mike,Private message sent.

Highlighted
Captain

Frank:Check your private message.