Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Engine Hour Data on Lowrance

Hey guys (and gals)

I have a 2013 Etec 115hp that I have connected via nmea network to my Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2. I can't find anywhere that it displays engine hours.

1st question, does that connection on the etec transmit engine hours ?

2nd question, if it does, does anyone know if the lowrance can display it ?

I'm also not getting trim data, but Ive read that I would need to possibly add a resistor and to have the emm programmed to output the trim data. That sound correct as well ?

Captain

Re: Engine Hour Data on Lowrance

Engine hours are on the NMEA network. I do not recall specific models but I have configured engine screens on some Garmin and Lowrance units and was able to get engine hours to display.
May have to wait for someone else on the trim gauge question.
Admiral

What gauges do you have on the dash besides the Lowrance display?

Showing the engine hours may be covered in the Lowrance's owners manual or you may want to contact their support team for specific instructions.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

First, I guess its good to know that the data does transmit from the nmea.

On the dash I have a tac, spedo, water and volt meter. There was an hour meter but it is an analog meter that was tied to the ignition and went bad before I bought the boat.

I'll do more looking at the Lowrance itself and contact them if needed for the hour display.

As far as the trim info. The lowrance has a display but its not reading anything. Not sure if the etec came standard with a trim sending unit or not. But if so, I'm reading in other threads that it has to be turned on in the EMM, so I'll keep digging on that info too.

Thanks guys

Admiral

If you put a trim meter in place of the bad hourmeter, you can get the trim info on the network without jury-rigging your wiring with a resistor under the dash. The trim gauge accomplishes the same thing, or you can just use the new gauge for the trim angle - your choice.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

I just hooked up my old 2007 LMS-332c and I can get the engine hrs.  It was under the settings menu, under network NMEA 2000.  The motor gets picked up in the list then you can see that data there. Other than that I can overlay any of the motor data on any of the finder or gps screens including the HRS data.