Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Engine programming

No, the top rpm is only limited by the rev limiter (6400?) which cannot be changed.
A higher pitch prop will drop rpm.
Only getting to 5300 with a 22 pitch prop would be "overpropped" and should have gone down to a 20 pitch to bring the rpm up.
Mate

I get that. I have owned a few. My curiosity is to why trimming the prop up to the surface the engine does not rev past 5300. Even as mph is decreasing. Spec for the boat props it with 23” and 24”
Highlighted
Admiral

@Chumdumb wrote:
I get that. I have owned a few. My curiosity is to why trimming the prop up to the surface the engine does not rev past 5300. Even as mph is decreasing. Spec for the boat props it with 23” and 24”

give us all the info about your engine, prop details, types of gauges, boat make and model, top speed and rpm.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.