Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Etec Repower ?

Hello , I'm interested in repowering a 2000 cc Hydra Sports Vector . I'm running a 200 hp Evinrude Ficht dfi on it now . It runs good but I'm looking to venture a little further offshore , and looking for peace of mind reliability in a Repower . I wanted to ask Etec owners and BRP a few questions . Number one is are the G1 and G2 motors smooth throughput the entire rpm range or do they get Rough at the change from high to low rpm ? Where the change from lower stratified rpm to higher power making rpm takes place ? The Ficht 200 acts like it's shaking and wheezing at this point in the rpm range .
Captain

Re: Etec Repower ?

I have run many G1 and a few G2 engines and never felt the transition. Even tried while watching the indicator on EV diagnostics.
A particular hull, engine, prop combination may have some vibration due to engine load at a certain rpm.
Mate

That's good to know . Every pre Etec Evinrude dif motor I've had runs awkward at the transition making running slower through rough waters unenjoyable at best . I think I've found a new 200 HO to hang on the back of a 2000 cc Hydra Sports Vector . Its heavier than the 200 that's on it now . Thinking I may need to move the battery into the center console . Does BRP make different harness setups for that or would it just involve custom battery leads ?
Captain

Battery cables are a separate item and not part of the harness. Battery cables are available in 10 foot 4 gauge, 15 foot 2 gauge, and 20 foot 2 gauge.