Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Evinrude pro Richard Dobyns grabs Western FLW AOY title

I'm the proud pop and need to brag just a little. Richard fished strong this season, even made the 17 hour drive to a lake he had never seen before.  He is planning on hitting FLW Tour next season.

Captain

Re: Evinrude pro Richard Dobyns grabs Western FLW AOY title

Nice Work Richard! Follow your dreams! And congrats to both of you - Gary, I don't blame you for being  proud papa!

Skipper

Congrats to you and your son. I'm sure he had a lot of good coaching growing up.Smiley Happy

Does he have any particular rod sponsor helping him out? Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

And just for the record and plug for his "other" sponsor, what brand of reels is he using? I'm sure amongst the pile in the shed I have at least one of two of them.

Captain

The reels would be Daiwa. We both love the Zillions!!

Community Manager

Congratulations to both of you!  Good luck to Richard in the future, and please keep us updated.  Don't hesitate to post some pictures of you and Richard.  How did you get Richard into fishing?  Has he been fishing since he was a little one?

Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine.

Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.
Captain

It's our job to get our kids a all the kids we can into fishing. Getting Richard hooked on fishing was easy. We won our first tournament when he was 7 and he had 2nd big fish. That was many years ago Smiley Happy  Now he's hard to beat, but I whipped him last SaturdaySmiley Happy  First time in a while so i need to brag.

I'm proud of him, great kid.