Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate
Accepted Solution

Evinrude. sticker with model/ serial # not legible...

Hello,

I have been reading a lot on this site and trying to figure out my engine information. My grandpa bought this 70hp Evinrude that had been in a boat fire. Not a cause from the engine. But it melted the top cover and half of the wires inside. He spent time getting random parts and making it work again. The issue is he passed away 5 years ago and willed me the boat. Now I am trying to replace everything that he made work with new parts. The identification of this motor is no where to be found. Having been struggling with this I would like to get it going again and have a nice boat. What I found is the silver round tag. This is what it says.  G4771511  Any idea would be great!!  Thanks

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Evinrude. sticker with model/ serial # not legible...

@racenjas wrote:

Hello,

I have been reading a lot on this site and trying to figure out my engine information. My grandpa bought this 70hp Evinrude that had been in a boat fire. Not a cause from the engine. But it melted the top cover and half of the wires inside. He spent time getting random parts and making it work again. The issue is he passed away 5 years ago and willed me the boat. Now I am trying to replace everything that he made work with new parts. The identification of this motor is no where to be found. Having been struggling with this I would like to get it going again and have a nice boat. What I found is the silver round tag. This is what it says.  G4771511  Any idea would be great!!  Thanks

G4771511 is a 2000 model J70PLSS

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: Evinrude. sticker with model/ serial # not legible...

Thank you so much! This site is great! I’ve learned a lot a different things through here!! Thanks.