Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Fusion Radio not compatible with G2?

I have a 2015 G2 250HO on 26 ft Stripper
Motor has been great, warranty on the lower unit because it had some of the finish come of, new lower unit installed to fix the problem.
I have Garmin electronics nice package with latest versions 3 mfd 10, 8, &7 in. phantom radar, sirius receiver for weather sea temp as nd music, flir night vision, & fusion radio / media player with 4 speakers amp and subwoofer. Sounds great everything works well except...
The issue is my fusion will lose its connection to the network and its own dedicated control connected to the nmea network when the G2 motor is running, and only when its running typically about 5 to 15 minutes after i start it. Control of the radio is lost and its stays stuck at whatever settings it was on when the connection is lost volume station etc.
The only way to stop it is to shut down everything including disconnecting the house battery.
The electronics installer has tried everything he can think of including a new fusion radio and fusion tech support hasn't been any help.
Anyone else with this issue? Its baffling everyone.
Captain

Re: Fusion Radio not compatible with G2?

I am not familiar with that Fusion radio system.
Do you have a power isolation T between the G2 backbone and the boat systems backbone? The G2 network has its own power node and should be isolated from other power nodes.
Is there a reason to run everything on one network instead of having the Sirius receiver and Fusion system on a separate network?
Highlighted
Mate

Primary reason for Sirius reciever to be on the network is for the weather service and to have Fusion and Sirius controls on the Garmin MFDs.
Im pretty sure the G2 is isolated Ill check on this.
Admiral

I will forward your concerns to the appropriate department but you may want to contact Garmin higher ups about this situation to see what they have to say.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.