Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Guides, Micro , yes or no?

The question: Micro Guides, do you like them or not? I have heard, one little twist in the line and the chance of popping off a micro guide is purdy good. As far as casting further, I think it's mostly hog wash. I don't have an issue popping off a 70 yard cast with my 7'6" Okuma C3 and Serrano. Unless your last name is Ducket you just might have an Unbiased review of the guide system.

Captain

Re: Guides, Micro , yes or no?

I build 13 models with Micro guides and they sell decent with Dobyns rods. The guide manufacturers have beefed up the "leg" and frame of the Micro guides so most of the issues are fixed. The performance between a regular set of guides and a Micro set is really so small 99% of anglers could not tell the difference. There are two issues that jump out at me with Micro guides. The first is cold weather, guides freeze with ice easier on Micros and fishing braided line with Micros and Cottonwood tree "fuzz" on the water is a nightmare.

Micro guides are lighter and helps overall rod weight and balance. I do this with better blank materials.

Personally, I do not prefer Micro guides and do not fish them myself.. Some of the other manufacturers push Micros hard as well as some custom builders. I had enough requests that I built the 13 models. But I have no plans on adding more models.

Captain

I build custom fishing rods for friends and myself. I have built with the micros for myself and a few fishing friends with the only benefit being that the guides dont get in the way when pulling out of rod lockers and they make the rod lighter in weight. I do like fishing with them for certain types of fishing.

The Postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent BRP's positions, strategies or opinions.
Skipper

Thank you for the input. Gary I back seat with a guy that swears by your rods, I think it's a Cali thing. Better to ask in a nuetral form than ones facebook page, that may or may not be supported by a rod manufacturer that push's mini guides or not. I think I will fallow my gut and stay away from mini guides.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks, I should of added I'm a little old school too Smiley Happy