Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Icon pro Tach not displaying water pressure after sensor installation

I purchased my E225DPXABG G1 new in September of 2018 and had all new controls and gauges installed at the time. Got a Icon pro Tach and Speedometer along with 4 accessory gauges, Fuel, Voltage, Trim and Temp. I also replaced my previous Garmin GPS with a new Echomap 74cv and installed a NMEA 2000 network on the boat at the same time. The entire set up has about 75 hours on it and has performed great for just over a year now. I recently decided to add the water pressure sensor kit to the engine. A few days ago my dealer installed the kit (P/N 5008300) and added the transducer to the system using EV Diagnostics. Water pressure was immediately displayed on his laptop, however on my Icon Pro Tach it says "NO DATA" when I scroll to the water pressure display screen and my Garmin GPS just shows dashes for Engine Water Pressure. Obviously the sensor is working since the pressure can be seen on his laptop and the network is functioning since all other data i.e. Temp, RPMs, GPH, Range, speed, barometric pressure, etc. Can be viewed on both the GPS and Icon Pro Tach and Speedometer gauges. The dealer seems surprised by this and is scheduled to look at it next week but in the mean time I am curious to see if anyone on here has any suggestions as to what the issue may be.
Highlighted
Skipper

Re: Icon pro Tach not displaying water pressure after sensor installation

Update: Problem solved. Apparently the dealer did not have the latest version of EV Diagnostics installed on his laptop and when he added the transducer and tried to save the settings it would kick it back out. He updated his software added the transducer, saved it and now everything works correctly.
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Icon pro Tach not displaying water pressure after sensor installation

Thanks for posting the solution as It may help if someone runs across the same problem.