Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Key Cable Extension for G2

I need to extend the cable from the key plate to the harness. I have twin 200HO G2 E200XHAG and E200XHCAG engines with a key switch plate inside the console and start button on the helm. I found evinrude item number 5010167 extension cable. Is this the correct one? 

Thanks,

Admiral

Re: Key Cable Extension for G2

Post pictures of the front and of the cable coming off the back of the keyswitch, you may have 1 of 3 different types and more if your boat has an off-brand swich assembly.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

sorry for the delay. thanks for the help. here is what I have. The key is in the console and that is what I need an extension for.  key switch components.jpg

Admiral

A 36" extension for the keyswitch is part no. 5010167

A 36" extension for the rocker switch panel  is part no. 5010168

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

thank you very much. do you sell parts on-line?

Admiral

That is a rigging accessory item that may or may not be listed on the Evinrude site on which parts may be ordered in the US or Canada.

We do recommend that you support your local Evinrude dealer whenever possible.

shop2.evinrude.com

Highlighted
Mate

[ Edited ]

this was correct - A 36" extension for the keyswitch is part no. 5010167

5010168 is NOT correct. this has flat ends. 

Mine has square ends like this. i found 0176715. could that be correct?