Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Name plate missing. Please help!

Just bought a 225hp Evinrude Ocean Pro. The name plate is washed away and cant be read. Would you be able to help me get my model number? The freeze out plug has G3911147 on it.I have attached some photos of the cover off and on 

06B35A06-E1A7-487D-BCC3-FBBEADB51044.jpegFCD6B34C-4D61-4821-9427-742FC03F5A5C.jpeg9500B882-821D-4B4F-BF0D-CC75BBB1F6D2.jpeg1E339453-C9BF-49C6-A4DD-B6E840B42E9E.jpegC4A31965-C20D-4631-B572-1A5D7594732F.jpegF3C68CEF-37C9-4C55-B3D3-93DBEC718A3B.jpeg

Skipper

Re: Name plate missing. Please help!

Also a year if possible. I think its a 1996 or 1997 but not sure 

Skipper

Just went out in the dark with 3 flashlights and a magnifying glass and i think i got E225TXEDE (the "X" im not 100% as there is a rip across it) (the "E" at the end im not sure of as it has a rip across it) 

Admiral

@BigB wrote:

Just went out in the dark with 3 flashlights and a magnifying glass and i think i got E225TXEDE (the "X" im not 100% as there is a rip across it) (the "E" at the end im not sure of as it has a rip across it) 

1996  - be sure to use that E225TXEDE model number when ordering parts 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Bill can you confirm with the G3911147 on the freeze out plug and pictures that it is a 1996 Evinrude 225hp Ocean Pro E225TXEDE? Just want to make sure before ordering? 

Skipper

Just want to make sure you can confirm it because it looks like im going to have to put alot of money into parts and want to make sure i have the right model number from that serial number
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@BigB wrote:
Just want to make sure you can confirm it because it looks like im going to have to put alot of money into parts and want to make sure i have the right model number from that serial number
G3911147  =  E225TXEO manufactured 03-15-1995

Double check your model number to see if that is a letter D or letter O. 1995 has the O in it and a 1996 has a D.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

If the serial number equals a E225TXEO is it still possible for that O to be D? Its impossible to clearly read the plate. Is there any other way to identify the model number? And also have another question. Is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Im figuring 2 but want to make sure. Thank you for your time!!!

Admiral