Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the Johnson 140 hp

Can you help me identify the model and year?  25hp   G3035769.    Thanks!!!!!!!

20180821_140953.jpg

20180821_140900.jpg

20180821_140750.jpg

Admiral

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the Johnson 140 hp

Your engine was built for the South American market as a commercial series engine.

1992 - - model SE25RPU 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Re: Name plate missing Evinrude 150HP

Can you help me find the model number for my Evinrude 150 v6? Data plate is missing, but silver disc in engine block stamped G4370292. It is registered as 1998 model, but I'm having trouble buying parts without model #.

Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Admiral

The nice thing about this site is the fact that you do not have to ask duplicate questions or post in different forums.

An answer to your question will be posted in the other forum where you inquired.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

@gasmanmark wrote:

Can you help me find the model number for my Evinrude 150 v6? Data plate is missing, but silver disc in engine block stamped G4370292. It is registered as 1998 model, but I'm having trouble buying parts without model #.

1998 Evinrude model E150GLEC

Mate

Hey Bill,

I'm having similar issues finding model number for Evinrude motor I just bought. Was told it was an 1983 25HP.... not sure if that's right because the cover looks like a 1992 model. Welsh plug number G3734053. For some reason it wont let me upload my images for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Admiral

@djglover90 wrote:

Hey Bill,

I'm having similar issues finding model number for Evinrude motor I just bought. Was told it was an 1983 25HP.... not sure if that's right because the cover looks like a 1992 model. Welsh plug number G3734053. For some reason it wont let me upload my images for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

@djglover90 wrote:

Hey Bill,

Thanks 

Serial # 3734053 was assigned to a 1995 Evinrude model E25TEEO 

Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Thanks so much!
Mate

Hi Bill was wondering if you could help me find the model to my 60hp Evinrude. Motor was repainted and believe the model sticker was removed in the process.