Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Figured it out!  Now, When I look up the model part I need (water pump kit) there are 3 options, 20", 25" and 30" models for the same model number.  Any idea what I need to measure to figure out what part I need? 

Admiral

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

The letter X in the model number designates a 25" shaft. Waterpump kit is 5001595

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I've got the same problem with my kicker engine. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Admiral

It's the weekend now.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

model SE15RPLA produced in March 1993 for serial # G3268088

The letter S means it was produced for the South American market through OMC International division.

Skipper

you're a life saver, thanks!

Skipper

Can I double check with you on that model #? Its not matching any parts catalogs I can find for 1993 15HP models.

Admiral

It was not a production motor for the Canadian or US market. It was designed for the South American market and may have some differences such as lower compression to tolerate poor quality gasolines. Most of the parts will be the same as the US parts listing for an equivalent 1993 model.

Highlighted
Skipper

ah. I see.  I figured that even though it was produced for the South American Market, I'd be able to find it on the evinrude site to check for part numbers. So, I should be good to go just grabbing the water pump kit that says it fits the 1993 15HP?

Mate

What’s the purpose off that core plate on outboard engine? Is it just the serial number off the engine or there’s something underneath that plate ?