Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Good morning Bill, I posted it above but I think it got lost in other post. Never the less I have what I’m thinking is a 18hp but not completely sure as the white powerhead has been put in a johnson housing with Evinrude mount. Power head plug is J2482345
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

[ Edited ]

@Wundy107 wrote:
Good morning Bill, I posted it above but I think it got lost in other post. Never the less I have what I’m thinking is a 18hp but not completely sure as the white powerhead has been put in a johnson housing with Evinrude mount. Power head plug is J2482345

For some reason the number is not coming up.

Can you send clear pictures of the plug, and all sides of the powerhead including the carbureto and fuel pump?  If the decals are in good shape, a picture of a side and back of the motor cover could help also.

The nice thing about the 18-20 hp powerheads are that they use mostly the same maintenance items as very little was changed over the years.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

@Freshwater72 wrote:
Hello,

I have a new to me bass boat i purchased with a Johnson 140 v4 vro on it. The year/model/serial # sticker is gone but on the back of the power head the stamped plug has G2512678 on it. Is anyone able to identify the year & model of this outboard? Thanks for the help!

G2512678 is a 1990  J140TXES

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

thanks for the reply,

Thats strange it doesn't show up?

Here are the photos I have on my phone right now, I'll take more tonight if needed

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Highlighted
Mate

Thanks a million, is it limited edition engine?? although I am not sure if this is the original cover of the engine, but it is grey colour Johnson fingerport 3.0 limited edition!!
Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Wundy107,

It seems your powerhead is from 1964 thru 1967 from the pictures of the fuel pump and the carb.

Highlighted
Mate

HI Bill Could you assit me with this also. The motor is believed to be a 1998 25hp Evinrude. No name plate or decals. Number on the plug is G3090311. If you could let me know the Make, Model, Year, HP... That would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Admiral

The nice thing about this site is that you do not have to post the same question more than once.

Monitor your other question about serial numbers as we will post the answer there.

Highlighted
Mate

Hi,
What would be the model number and manufacturing year of an engine with silver tag G3278679??
Highlighted
Admiral

@Matti wrote:
Hi,
What would be the model number and manufacturing year of an engine with silver tag G3278679??

G3278679 is a 1993 model J200STLET