Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

My round aluminum plate says G2268053
What u got for me? Smiley Wink
Thanks in advance! <3<3
Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Thanks in advance! <3<3
Admiral

@EdvinJ wrote:
Thanks in advance! <3<3

1989 Johnson model # BJ40ELCE

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Hello everyone, first post and this looks like the place for great information.

Son and I just picked up a “free” 1981 Alumacraft 15’ Jon boat with painted over motor.

trying to get some info as the data plate has been removed.

The number on the welch plug is J2799570.

Any help from BluewaterBill would be great!

Thanks 

Skipper

[ Edited ]

2A403A49-5DFB-408B-B3E3-4EAFC44C376F.jpegHey Bill it looks like you’re the guy to talk to when your Johnson outboard ID plate is missing.  I pulled the following info from my motors Welch plug G3096588.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Engine serial # G3096588 was assigned to a 1992 Johnson® outboard model

J140TLEN

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thanks for the quick response Bill! Time to order some parts.
Skipper

Yet another shade tree mechanic hoping for some assistance identifying a year/model of my outboard.

Hi there. I live in the Chesapeake Bay region. Just found this site. Looks like a great resouce! I'm hoping you could help to  identify the year/model number for a motor with the number on the welsh plug that reads: G2987071.

I sincerely appreciate that you take the time to help people with this. Thanks so much.

Admiral

Re: Yet another shade tree mechanic hoping for some assistance identifying a year/model of my outboa

what horsepower and can you post a picture of the motor cover decals?

Admiral

Re: Yet another shade tree mechanic hoping for some assistance identifying a year/model of my outboa

@Housefly wrote:

Hi there. I live in the Chesapeake Bay region. Just found this site. Looks like a great resouce! I'm hoping you could help to  identify the year/model number for a motor with the number on the welsh plug that reads: G2987071.

I sincerely appreciate that you take the time to help people with this. Thanks so much.

G2987071 is a 1991 model E25TEEI