Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: Name plate missing Evinrude 150HP

@aswindell wrote:

Hi Bill was wondering if you could help me find the model to my 60hp Evinrude. Motor was repainted and believe the model sticker was removed in the process. 

Your images do not show up.

Click on HELP in the upper right corner for assistance in posting images.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Sorry about that, the serial number is G2265946. I believe it is a 60hp Evinrude. 60 E 2.jpg60 E 4.jpg

Admiral

#2265946 is a 1989 Johnson model J60TLCE

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you Bill! There under the new paint is white and I didn't know if it was primer or the motor was a Johnson. The cowl has an Evinrude sticker and it threw me in the wrong direction researching the motor. 

Skipper

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Hi,

I recently bought a 21 ft walkaround. It has an Evinrude 225, however, the data plate/ sticker is goners. I contacted Evinrude and gave them the number on the silver disk on the engine but they couldn't help me, I am hoping you can. Here are the pics. I cant get a good focused pic of the silver disk so, the number is G4308051  Any help would be greatly appreciate

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ECVuw6knAnJjbxiN6[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/PKRwoXYiLRoWWXHQ7[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/gwRpd2ftuiahZUj8A[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/t9iDrXApqbSWPYsG6[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/j1RX1uMiMvY49VwUA[/img]

Admiral

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Your photo links do not work.

I will check on the serial number for you tomorrow, it may take a day or two.

Skipper

Thankyou! As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will
Admiral

Links still don't work

#4308051 is a 1997 Evinrude model E225TXEU

Skipper

I'll figure it out somehow. LOL.  You rock.  Thank you so much!!