Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Thanks for your help. You're awesome for helping so many people out. Take Care, Dan

Mate

Re: Name plate missing where else is engine serial number on the 152 stroke Evinrude possibly 1998

Not Sure if you are still providing help with ID but I have a 9.9 High Thrust.  Silver disc shows G4223499

Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Bajabear wrote:

Not Sure if you are still providing help with ID but I have a 9.9 High Thrust.  Silver disc shows G4223499

serial # 04223499 is a 1997 Johnson 4-Stroke model J10FRELEU

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Looking for Help identifing this motor.  Welch Plug G4866744 with the seahorse icon.

This is a new to me motor.   Have issues with water in lower unit.   Shift rod length is 26 3/4 inch.   this does not match the model number BRP gave me when i sent them photos and the welch number.   (J200PLSSC)

Thanks

Gary

Mate

I bought a used 1974 Whaler, came with a repainted engine, serial plate missing.  Welch plug number RPH0432290, my tilt trim just gave up the ghost, I need to know what engine I have.  Was sold to me as a 1998 Johnson 90 hp.  Hope you can help!  Thanks

Admiral

@biggcrossman wrote:

Looking for Help identifing this motor.  Welch Plug G4866744 with the seahorse icon.

This is a new to me motor.   Have issues with water in lower unit.   Shift rod length is 26 3/4 inch.   this does not match the model number BRP gave me when i sent them photos and the welch number.   (J200PLSSC)

Thanks

Gary

The serial number is for a J200(PLSSC) - shift rod height is 21-15/16" on that particular engine. 

It is possible that you may have what is called a Frankenstein motor which is made up of a number of parts from different years and/or models.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

@gkhack wrote:

I bought a used 1974 Whaler, came with a repainted engine, serial plate missing.  Welch plug number RPH0432290, my tilt trim just gave up the ghost, I need to know what engine I have.  Was sold to me as a 1998 Johnson 90 hp.  Hope you can help!  Thanks

The letters RPH mean that there is a replacement powerhead on the motor. That part number is for a 1989 through 1991 replacement powerhead so it can be assumed that your motor is within that year range.  Very few changes were made during those years on that model.

Mate

Oh this is a life saver!!!

I just got a Johnson 112HP SPL with all model number stripped. Serial number however is G3578989....can you help?

IMG_20190425_181107890.jpg

Admiral

@Nomad_Alien wrote:

Oh this is a life saver!!!

I just got a Johnson 112HP SPL with all model number stripped. Serial number however is G3578989....can you help?

engine serial # 3578989 was assigned to a 1994 Johnson model J112TSXER

Mate

Thank you so much BluewaterBill!