Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate
Accepted Solution

Nautilus gauge

I recently added the new Nautilus 3.5" gauge to my G-2 200 H.O.--I am having some difficulties configuring and calibrating my fuel and oil tanks.  I have read the manual and believe I am taking the necessary steps.  I get an error message saying "no fluid tanks found".  I'm not the most tech savvy guy around, but it seems like having access to your fuel and oil levels should be pretty basic.    Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Captain

Re: Nautilus gauge

The rigging setup depends on which shift throttle control you are using. What type and color is your control? Also what gauge did you have connected previously?
Highlighted
Mate

I have an evinrude single engine side mount control that is black.  I have an operational fuel gauge  that came standard with the boat.  It is a Faria gauge that also contains a voltmeter as well as an RPM gauge.

Highlighted
Captain

The oil level gauge needs no calibration as it should read the on engine oil tank. The G2 engine must be vertical or within the trim range to read the oil level. It will not show oil level in the tilted range as this would not be accurate anyway.
That particular control has outputs for your analog 3 function Faris gauge. The standard fuel tank sender unit is an analog sender so it connects directly to your analog gauge.
The Nautilus gauge requires an analog to digital fluid level converter to be connected to the fuel sender on one end and the NMEA 2000 gauge network on the other end. I'm fairly sure that you cannot have both fuel gauges connected and working. Setting the fuel tank capacity/volume on your setup will require a dealer to use the EV6 diagnostic program.
Highlighted
Mate

Thank you Captain Rick--I appreciate the explanation eventhough I may not understand it all.  My dealer, although probably knowledgeable enough and a nice guy, won't make the effort to explain it.  He'll just convert it, (if nrequested), and hand me a large bill.  Again, I appreciate your help and expertise.

Highlighted
Captain

Did you get an oil tank gauge reading with the engine in the vertical position?

Evinrude, like many industries is producing rapidly advancing technology. The Nautilus gauge and printed owners guide were produced about a year before the control you have came out, so it's likely that the printed guide has not been updated yet. We will be glad to try to answer any further questions that you have.