Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
JWD
Mate

Possible engine swapout

Ok, been running a 1999 e175fxpeen since new and have finally hit a bypass, 30 psi in the # 1 cylinder😢, gonna repower and possibly rebuild in time but I have an opportunity to purchase a 2004 150 hp. Have yet to check it out yet but supposedly good compression all cylinders. My question is how much alteration if any will I have to do to the wiring and will I now have access to some of the nema 2000 info on my gps Thanks in advance
Admiral

Re: Possible engine swapout

A 2004  150 HP is a later model FICHT but it does not have any NMEA2000 capabilities.

Wiring and controls are the same as your 1999. Be sure to have a trained tech bleed the system, check everything over, and do the initial startup so you know that things are OK and done correctly.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.