Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Prop suggestions for this boat and a 135 HO?

I have my 'meeting' with the boat builder tomorrow.  Here is the boat, basically, although mine will have a glass windshield T-top and some add-ons such as a transom door, etc...  Just hoping to ensure he is thinking along the same lines...

http://www.jaspermarine.ca/portfolio/orca18-2/

Captain

Re: Prop suggestions for this boat and a 135 HO?

That’s really a tough question. So many variables, design, weight hull contours etc. my boat that weighs 1500  can’t hit wot range with a 17. Others with 19s hit upper 5k. So it’s hard to say. Your dealer should get you close. You can contact pt propellers in the nw and Jeff can probably dial you in. I don’t have experience with those props but they make so many different style. It seem like he could dial you in. My boat need more stern lift and less bow lift which IMO creates bow oscillation, porpoising. Good luck with the boat.

Admiral

Re: Prop suggestions for this boat and a 135 HO?

Just be sure to get with your dealer to "lock in" the 10 year factory coverage before the promotion ends on the 31st of this month.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.