Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Prop suggestions

I bought a new warrior V193 with G2 200 with a 20 pitch rebel. My first test run was 43 mph WOT at 5500 rpm with total weight 3500 lbs including 3 people and gear. My elevation at the lakes I fish at are between 3200-3500 feet. Average temperature around 75-80 In the summer. Would I benifit by going to a RX4 20 pitch or just go down to 19 pitch rebel.
Admiral

Re: Prop suggestions

[ Edited ]

5500 rpm at that elevation is not bad, and within the engine parameters.  Propping is often trial and error so switching to an RX4 may take either an 18 or a 20"

Because of the gearcase design, the Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines can be mounted on the transom higher than other makes, and will give better speeds and economy.  If you cannot see the top of your antii-ventilation plate while on plane, it may help to move the motor up one or two holes at a time and retest.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

My friend told me he checked the antii-ventilation plate and it was above the water while on plane. My dealership doesn’t keep props on hand to test and tune. They only have props that come on new boats from the factory. There are a Ranger dealer not warrior. Should I just go with a Rebel 19 pitch?
Admiral

Perhaps talking to Warrior may help if they tested various props on your same rig

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.