Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

QUESTION ON 2009 250E RUNNING PROBLEM 200 hours only

QUESTION ON 2009 250E RUNNING PROBLEM 200 hours only

Motor fire up and runs fine the first 10 or 15 minutes, run on a plain 3500 to 4500 rpms, then it dropped a cylinder, when this happened on sunday I pulled it out of the water and went home, replaced all filter, replace all plugs, checked all grounds and power connections, compression ok, so I just took it out again and the same thing happened, my guess is the coil is quitting, because when I got back to land again the top right sparkplug is clean from gas sprayin on it and not firing that's m guess?

MOD. E250DPXSEB

SN. 05241678

Like i said 200 hours on motor, ive only put 20 of them on it myself. 

Admiral

Re: QUESTION ON 2009 250E RUNNING PROBLEM 200 hours only

[ Edited ]

You can guess at and keep replacing parts until is runs right, but that is a very expensive and slow way to fix your engine.

Having a dealer at least print you out an engine report that shows service codes would be a good place to start. Having a factory trained tech with the proper tools is your quickest and most efficient way to repair an engine problem.

You could use a clip-on style  timing-light on the plug wire to see if spark quits or on the injector wire to see if it is a fuel delivery problem.

Obtain a factory service manual before starting to troubleshoot your engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thanks. Timing light trick would of told me more for sure. Forgot about that. What I need is a good dealer reference near me. Ocala Florida 34475
Highlighted
Admiral

@MTPOCKITS wrote:
What I need is a good dealer reference near me. Ocala Florida 34475

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/find-a-dealer.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.