Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain
Accepted Solution

Safety recall 150 ho g2

Hi, I have a 150HO g2. Someone from the brp customer service told me i have a safety recall to do :"

About the recalls what we can see in our system is the Fuel Filter Assembly Replacement, that has still not been done by the dealer as per our system "
The email is from yesterday.

Dealer told me it was done at delivery 3 months ago. How can i know if it was done. My experience with my dealer is not impressive so far.

Ty
Admiral

Re: Safety recall 150 ho g2

post your model and serial number

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

[ Edited ]

Captain

[ Edited ]

And if it's not been claimed by the dealer yet, is it a way to visually see if it's been done? I work for Honda and with bulletins or safety recall they gonna tell us to check the parts number or example: blue dot the parts is good or been upgraded and a yellow one ,parts need to be changed

Admiral

Contact your dealer as Evinrude does not have a record of any claim for your fuel filter bracket. It may have been done already but the warranty paperwork was not sent in. That also means that the dealer never was reimbursed for the part and labor.

Ask your dealer to reference service bulletin 2018-02(W) Fuel Filter Assembly Replacement and to inspect your engine.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

They told me the job was done. Yesterday the brp representative told me it wasn't done (they didn't claim it) I don't know why if they did the and didn't claim it. Just want to know if something visual can be check before going to another dealer. From evinrude side the job wasn't done , no claim. I dont want to go to another and be told It was done.
Admiral

Fuel filter bracket improvements -  old vs. new.JPG