Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

prop question for a 22' bluwave bay boat with a 250HO

I just got the boat and it is fitted with a rebel 22" pitch.  boat is running 5780 rpm at 63mph. Do these numbers sound right to the prop guys? anyone else running the rebel on a bay boat and could I benefit in switching to a raker? 

Captain

Re: prop question for a 22' bluwave bay boat with a 250HO

As an Evinrude tech your numbers indicate that your boat has the correct prop.
My opinion is that the raker is best suited for bass boats that run up on the pad most of the time. The rebel is a better choice for all around performance on a bay boat.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: prop question for a 22' bluwave bay boat with a 250HO

Running your numbers through a propeller slip calculator show that the propeller is operating efficiently for your application. That probably is the best all around prop for bay boat type of use where you may have to quickly get up on plane in shallow areas.

If you are only looking for top speed and not worrying about efficiency at cruise or quick acceleration in skinny water, a Raker combined with engine height experimentation may yield a few MPH more.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.