Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

My job before tournament angling. . . .

In response to the E-NATION video "Before I Was An Angler, I Was...", we'd like to hear what your first job was or even what your dream job is!

Before I was a tournament angler, I was a college student.  I am an alumni of Murray State University in Murray, KY.  Go Racers!!! My parents insisted that before I started my fishing quest that I complete my higher education.  It is just too bad that the FLW college team fishing program was not in place at the time!  I could have made money while fishing and it would have been approved by the university when I occasionally missed due to the bite being so good on KY and Barkley Lakes!! 

I always knew that I would work in the outdoors.  I was raised in a bass boat with my dad from the time I could stand on my own as well as hunt waterfowl, deer, elk, moose, caribou, bear, turkey, and practically anything else that had a season from the time I could hold a gun or bow.

I have to say that I have been very fortunate to have made my living as an Evinrude sponsored bass angler my entire career.  It is a dream come true and I am looking forward to getting this year started soon!!

Keep your lines tight!!

Dan Morehead

Highlighted
Skipper

Re: My job before tournament angling. . . .

Before tournaments I did whatever was available to get $$$$$$$ legally to keep me in the outdoors, and still do.

I've trapped fur, guided, attended a forestry college, run chain saw for a logging company, worked in fisheries research, worked at a tire company making tires, swept floors, tended bar, etc etc. Whatever I could do to pay for my addiction of fishing, hunting, and the outdoors.

I've had the job of  Husband a couple of times, and was doin pretty well untile my constant infidelity with "Mother Nature" and my 24/7 need to be on the water or in the woods ruined those commitments.........lol.

I've lived in my truck with my rig attached untile a local outfitter felt sorry for me and ask me to guide,  tapped into the power on phone booths while on the road for battery charger juice or to boil water to un-thaw the live well lids, and even stayed on a mattress in the basement of a seedy low rental housing project to save $$$$$$$.

Things are starting to get better for this old dog, I'm gettin a decent pension, and looking at trading the "Tahoe motel" for a camper van as after 40,a guy who spent a lifetime standing in water or sitting in a tree finds it hard to sleep in an SUV. Sorry Chevy Tahoe I still love ya but............

When the mist is hangin on the water at 5:00 AM, and the smell of 2 strokes is in the air......... I will be there.

There is nothin in this world that will keep me away.:smileyhappy.

God Bless

T-Roy 

Never let them steal your dreams.
Highlighted
Community Manager

DanMorehead,

Thanks for sharing your story! We would love to do interview and hear more about how you became a professional angler. Would you message us your email so we can contact you directly?

Thanks again for your support of Evinrude and for being a part of E-NATION!

Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine.

Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.
Highlighted
Skipper

Dan,

My e-mail is bassalive@hotmail.com 

T-Roy.

@E-NATION wrote:

DanMorehead,

Thanks for sharing your story! We would love to do interview and hear more about how you became a professional angler. Would you message us your email so we can contact you directly?

Thanks again for your support of Evinrude and for being a part of E-NATION!

Never let them steal your dreams.
Highlighted
Mate

[ Edited ]

Greetings from Newark,

A fresh fishing geek here. I studied at School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences (University of Washington). Any dates and details of the Masters Angling Tournament in 2021? 

Thanks,

Scott Kemp

<< Tournament Angling is a One-person Sport >>
https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/dockline/tournament-angling-is-a-one-person-sport https://buyessays.onl school writing