Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

My new 300 ETEC ran flawlessly!

Not that I would expect anything less from my ETEC's, my new 300 performed perfectly this past weekend when my partner, Scott Bogen, and I fished the first LEWT (Lake Erie Walleye Trail) together.  Every spring I am in awe that we ETEC owners do not have to go through the trouble of "breaking in" a motor before we can concentrate on just the fishing.  I heard several Merc owners stating during their prefishing that they were going to go "run around to try and get more break in hours on their motors".  I just smiled and said "You know...if you owned an ETEC you wouldn't have to waste any time doing that". That usually gets them going...Smiley Happy

By the way, Scotty and I placed 6th with 45.66 pounds for 5 fish in that event. It was a super fun day all around. I'm still smiling. Smiley Happy

Thanks Evinrude for making a product I can rely on and be proud to own.

Juls

www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com

Lake Erie Western Basin

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it…" –Harry Middleton
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: My new 300 ETEC ran flawlessly!

Glad to hear that you are happy with your E-TEC and congratulations on your in the top ten finish in the tournament.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Re: My new 300 ETEC ran flawlessly!

I share your excitement Juls!  What I really like about the E-TEC Experience, is being able to winterize the engine myself with just a few minutes at the helm - especially when my boat may go into "storage" 3,4 or even 5 times a year!

Congrats on your awesome finish !!!