Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain
Accepted Solution

New fishing locations for families

I've fished all over the country and want to hear from you about the places an entire family can go to experience the outdoors together. I'm wanting areas you can't "google", but ones that are chocked full of things to do such as small town festivals, unknown gems like museums, lodging, and activities. Places we would miss because not well known except to folks living close by the location.
Mate

Re: New fishing locations for families

You ought to get familiar with Lakeport Florida on the north west corner of Lake Okeechobee FL.  Fish and Airboat all day.  Okeechobee city on north shore of lake, Clewiston FL on south shore for city entertainment with Walmarts.  Rodeos during the winter tourist season.  Disney World to the north,  hour and half drive to east coast, hour and a half to the west coast.  Lodging available everywhere, two KOAs, I have 2 BR 1 Bath Fishing lodge available on call.

Mate

If you want to go north, I would say that Devil's Lake N.D. is great, a awesome place to go sight seeing around the badlands...fishing is awesome for walleyes, pike, and huge white bass with many ways to catch them including bobber fishing for the younger kids!! There are also festivals and fairs in the nearby towns. There is camping to hotels available...and you want to talk about friendly people!!! Here ya go!!

Captain

Go to Northern Wisconsin, Hayward, Park Falls, Eagle River area there are many festivals there during the summer. In Park Falls you have the St Croix rod factory, Hayward area has the Freshwater Hall Of Fame. All areas have plenty of area to fish and lots of other things to visit while there.

The Postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent BRP's positions, strategies or opinions.
Skipper

Northern Arkansas - Southern Missouri....Branson down the road with music and them parks !
MB
Skipper

All the suggestions have been great. But I have to add the area around Brainerd MN as a must-visit destination for freshwater fishing. Lakes in every direction, with the famous Mille Lacs fishery down the road. It's my home water around here, so that makes me partial, but there really isn't a better destination for fishing and all kinds of other activities for the whole family. - Babe Winkelman