Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

The catch all technique for fresh water fishing?

I’m always amazed when I go down to Florida/South Carolina and fish with my family down there. You have 1 bait and one technique that works to catch fish. You hook a live shrimp on the end of a hook, and depending on the current or how you would like it to fall you can add weight to it. if there are fish where you threw it, 99% of the time they are going to hit it. Being a primarily bass fisherman I feel like this is so easy. For bass fishing I have finesse fishing (plastics) which has 100+ different techniques, spinners (offset in-line etc), topwater (buzzbait, whopper plopper, popper, etc), crankbaits, etc, etc, you get the picture. That’s not even getting into the different colors. Live shrimp catches everything, snook, snapper, sheeps head, black drum, redfish, jack, black tip shark, bonnet head shark, ladyfish, catfish, triple tail, etc, you get the picture. Another thing that blows my mind is EVERYONE fishes with shrimp. With bass, typically they get wise to the hot new technique and they aren’t as effective as before.

With all that being said, what is the one technique for freshwater fishing that works for ANYTHING? With the amount of money I spent on different lures and plastics I would be willing to getting a way to keep live bait on my kayak if it flat out works.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: The catch all technique for fresh water fishing?

Thanks for the step by step tutorial tellthebell

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: The catch all technique for fresh water fishing?

@Santana_Carlson wrote:

Thanks for the step by step tutorial telltbell

SPAM

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.