Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

What am I doing wrong?!

Just started fishing and trying to target some salmon at a local creek. I've been three times now always in early morning usually within first hour of sunrise. No one else is at this spot this early but theres fish jumping around.
I have a long rod and am trying to float roe bags. I have a 30lb braid to a 15 pound fluorocarbon test. I have a 1/2oz slip bobber with a 1/2oz weight under it and then a few feet of flurocarbon to a size 4 hook and a roe bag with 5-6 eggs that I bought from some local commercial spot. I'm drifting this with the current making sure my bobber is upright and mending my lines. I adjust my slip so that the bobber is just upright so in my mind the roe bags are close but not on the bottom. I've done this 3 days and not even a bobber wobble!! The last time I was there, there were a couple of other guys and they were using skein, big chunks of it and they caught 4 salmon within 1 hour. Thinking maybe the water is too muddy for them to see my bait I added on 2-3 bags and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Is it my presentation? Is skein better than roe bags? Would love some suggestions.