Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: 08 E-Tec Starting issues

What was the outcome? I’m currently dealing with this exact same thing!
Highlighted
Skipper

check wires at solenoid one is battery positive from the key switch.  the other is negative from.emm. if you have negative from the emm and you are not requesting start then you probably have bad emm. 1800.00 for new and then pay dealer to program it.

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Jhen9019 wrote:
What was the outcome? I’m currently dealing with this exact same thing!

The person you are asking about has not been on this website for over 3 years.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

It ended up being bad emm. Sold it 2 years ago and cut my losses. I will never trust another etec and they have lost me as a customer.
Highlighted
Mate

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you fixed.?
Highlighted
Mate

Hi, I have the same problem with a 2005 Etec 200hp. Did you find out what was the problem.?